The UBC National Parks Research Center (UBC-NPRC) spearheads unique research initiatives in collaboration with various national park agencies and international networks. Our current projects feature a comparative analysis of existing national park frameworks in Oceania and North Amerca, as well as an evaluation of a new pilot national park program in China.
Funded Research Projects:
- Application of sustainable forest management in a culturally modified landscape. SSHRC
- Concerning National Parks: Development and conservation. NSSFC
- Lessons learned from national park development in North America and Oceania, APFNet
- Governing system and best practices of National Park. UBC
- Climate Change and Adaption to Asia Forests. APFNet
- Forest Conservation in Asia. APFNet